Tuesday, July 27, 2004

As you slide down the banister of life, may the splinters never point in the wrong direction! ~ Irish Proverb

This weekend is the Edmonton Heritage festival...the 29th annual, no less. If you have never been you can expect some great entertainment, good food and a nice tan (if the weather cooperates).
This year marks the 29th annual Edmonton Heritage Festival, the world's premier three-day showcase of Canada's vibrant multicultural heritage. This year will feature fifty-one pavilions representing over sixty cultures from all over the world. In each one, you can sample culinary delicacies, see creative performances, shop for crafts, artwork, and clothing, or chat with people eager to tell you a little about their cultural roots and their present-day communities in Canada.

I will be going Sunday afternoon, or trying to go, depending on what time I actually get off work. I found some good links so I thought I'd post them here. Hope to see you there! Let me know if ya wanna hook up and we can all go together. This year they are also having a 50/50 draw, so maybe we can win some money for tuition too....

Heritage Festival
PDF of "Park and Ride" transportation information
Buy tickets in advance (sheet of 30 for $25)

Hey...On Monday they will have another citizenship ceremony....we could go that day and renew our oath. again.

2 comments:

Heather said...

No Baby...

Heather said...

You're not bloody serious are you?
My friends are having babies, not me.
J-lo was with me last night whilst I was chatting with my friend Carol, she's ready to have her baby any day now, I am just waiting for the call to come and meet her at the hospital...
It's all very exciting....