Wednesday, July 28, 2004

"And then Mrs. Fancy Pants Theresa Heinz Kerry is all 'He's so great this' and 'He's so great that'..." ~ Samantha Bee

All this U.S. Election coverage, so little content. Maybe blogs will fill in the gaps...Yeah, blogs, that's the ticket....

Down at The D.N.C.:

"the Convention issued official credentials to bloggers for the first time, and sponsored a special breakfast to introduce the bloggers to the media and each other. As the "new kids on the block," bloggers have gotten unusual amounts of attention from the traditional media"

Really? Hrm...who knew....I want to get me some of these official credentials for bloggers. I wonder what the criterion are?

Politics Watch has a list of info for the candidates and list the links to their blogs. (albeit the Nader link isn't really to a blog, but it does give day to day info about the status of the campaign) The blogs are not actually written by the candidates, sadly, but they give an interesting insight into the campaign.

Nader is still fighting to get on the ballot in a lot of states, like in Michigan and Illinois, and the Bush girls are apparently firing up their own blog to help campaign for their father.

I personally like the official Kerry-Edwards blog the best...it has cool pictures and is the only one that actually resembles a blog...and it allows for comments, which I have to say, I am a big fan of. Also they list the name of the person who wrote the blog entry. Georgebush.com is the only author at The Bush Blog. Not that I would know who Dick Bell or Peter Daou are, but it seems a little more personal to know their names. It seems like they are trying to reach a younger audience. Nader even has a whole section dedicated to students.

But I'd have to say the best commentary so far comes from 'exotic Canadian' Samantha Bee and her "Dear Democracy Diary." 'Wikked funny'...and focused on the all important line-up to the ladies bathroom and who is cutting in and such. That's critical information for the average voter in America, I would say.

1 comment:

Heather said...

Hey Sammers and J-lo,

Black? He's "in the protest pen" or "100-200 yards outside the newly dubbed Fleet Enema center"
Cut and paste this to see the video:
http://www.comedycentral.com/tv_shows/indecision2004/dem/videos.jhtml

I am looking forward to the show tonight. I missed it last night. I went to go and see Kill Bill Volume 2.
I could blog about it, but why? Everybody else already has. 30 minutes until I am done work.
I will post another blog post on Saturday when I can talk about the movie "The Goonies" and the football game.

I love that, I am using the comments section in my blog to comment about when I will be posting in my blog...
*shakes head*
Blogs are fucked...