Monday, June 21, 2004

Vote early and vote often ~ Al Capone (1899 - 1947)

Busy day today. At the top of the list of things that happened to me today....The CPAC bus was parked down my street. It was saucesome. ;p

I walked around the corner and there it was...A big ass bus, with the CPAC logo, hauling around the corner and a thrill of excitement overcame me. Sad thing that...me getting excited about a CPAC bus. I, being the shy type, walked right up and asked what was happening...they even asked me a couple of questions. I didn't get to meet Ken Rockburn though...boo. They were doing some feature on low voter turnout, or something. Go vote people. Please. Pretty please with a cherry on top?

At City Hall today they are discussing some big issues. The fate of our trolley bus system hangs in the balance. Should we scrap a million dollar system because environmentally friendlier transportation costs more up front? Is it worth it?

Also to all the young thrill-seeking, high school students out there, a sad note. You just might not be able to sneak into Queen Elizabeth Pool like my friends and I did. They mean to shut it down because The Queen E is cracked...The repair will cost $400,000. What to do? It would have been nice to have to pool just down the hill..nice and close to my house, but we'll see what they decide.

I can't believe I love going to these committee meetings. Oh...and the K-Days line-up has been announced...
It's going to be great. On the entertainment side I hear Loverboy is coming. Yes, Loverboy. Sam Roberts is coming too, and Swollen Members & Sweatshop Union! There were some pretty good names on there. That bodes well.

You know how every year they pick a country...last year it was Iceland I think. Well this year they picked Africa. So I hear all these people talking about the 'country' this year. It's a continent brothers and sisters, a continent. At least they got it right on the Website. I have a wee game for you...see how many news shows call it a country on the 6 p.m. news tonight. I am just glad they picked Africa...perhaps this can bring about some actual awareness on what is actually happening in Africa. It would be cool if the university got involved and attached some educational programs to the event.


2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I can't believe Loverboy is coming to K-Days! I'm so there...

--The Dude

Jake said...

I can't belive they're giving Aaron Lines top billing over Gil Grand. That's ridiculous.