Wednesday, June 23, 2004

Think like a wise man but communicate in the language of the people ~ William Butler Yeats (1865 - 1939)

I stumbled across this today. I heard a very funny story about this campaign the other day, so I think this blog might be entertaining. So far, not so much.

Jung-Suk Ryu is running in the upcoming municiple election and already has an impressive website up and running. He's bloggin it up for us to follow his campaign. I'm, as always, impressed by his level of communication and at how prepared he is.

Last Thursday my Auntie Marilyn said that she thinks young candidates are merely wasting their time, as no "older" voter will ever vote for them. Without experience can a young candidate win?
I have recently seen some great, young candidates, mostly with the NDP and I am looking forward to the young candidates running for council, including the illustrious Paul Welke. After the federal election I will check the stats to see if my Auntie Marilyn was right or not.
I personally hope she is wrong...

2 comments:

Prus said...

He was in my poly sci class this term. The fact it was all year and that only 20-25 people ever showed up means we learned people's views easily, and his were....intresting to say the least on some topics. He is a good guy though

Jung-Suk Ryu said...

Hi there!

Thanks for mentioning my campaign.

Ross, my views were my views. Your views were "interesting" too, you know :P

Thanks again. www.jungsuk.ca