Sunday, June 27, 2004

Bad officials are elected by good citizens who do not vote ~ George Jean Nathan (1882-1958)

Rather fitting that Santa was brought up in the last post because tonight feels like Christmas Eve to this election hack. I have to be up at, what Alex Taylor correctly refers to as, "stupid o'clock". I call it "the crack of Keiths' Sister"(her name being Dawn). Whatever you call it, it's fucking early. So you'd think I would be asleep. Nope. Can't sleep.

And to think we do this 2 (possibly 3) more times in the next several months. All I can think about is how close the election might be and I can't wait to go and see all the other elections hacks I know at Dewey's tomorrow! And to cry in my beer if a Conservative majority actually happens.

I also hope that we managed to engage the youth vote this time. I have really enjoyed watching this campaign and this is really the most I have ever paid attention to an election. Tomorrow we all get a chance to do something a lot of people in countries all over the world don't get to do...exercise the right to vote. So don't forget. Don't think you can't make a difference...you can!

Okay that's all I have to preach about.

I had a great weekend...the football game was a blast, even though we lost. I got to catch up with good friends. Roman made a little kid cry at the Football game. Vote Roman. Mr. Speaker bought a big green horn, and read the paper when he got bored. The Dude ditched us, most likely for a cute co-ed up in college corner...

The best part of the game was when we left to come back to Hack House for a barbecue and some Clue. Actually it was 'Clue the drinking game' really. You'd never think that clue could be filled with sexual innuendo...but it is especially with Bog at the table. Whoo whoo!
Memorable quote of the evening:
Sammers: "I hate it when I get fucked by the revolver"

Professor Plum in the Dining room with the revolver. I accused with the bloody Rope!!...so did Gregory and Allison.
We all got fucked by the revolver.

I just realized inside jokes really don't blog well.

It's Canada Day Thursday...what are you planning to do to celebrate?

2 days until Klein releases his new Health plan. Brace yerselves...





4 comments:

Heather said...

Ah, the youth vote. Many people I know under 25 will not be voting, but many people I know under 25 will be. I think it's always the same. I voted Green. Also, I think we're all fucked by the revolver of life (I don't have a clue what I'm talking about).

Heather Smith

Alexandra Taylor said...

Heather - you totally rock despite being there at stupid o'clock in the morning. DRO Superstar :P
Sorry I didn't make it around last night - didn't get out of the returning office until midnight. Hope you had fun.

Anonymous said...

In other words, thank you for facilitating the destruction of our country.

Adam

Heather said...

Thanks for the pat on the back Alex! I thought we had a great day too! Oh and Adam it's not destruction...more like construction. At least I feel like I actually helped to make sure we built something legitimate. I can't speak for the individuals we all voted for and their personal legitimacy, but together we built it, now we just have to make sure it doesn't come crashing down around us.

And Heather Smith posted on my blog!! I'm so excited by that. I doubt your brother will allow you to actually meet the hacks, for your own safety, but one day we should get together to play Clue. Any member of The Smith family is always welcome at Hack House.

I accuse Mr. Smith in the Broom Closet with some pamplemousse!