Friday, June 18, 2004

Live neither in the past nor in the future, but let each day's work absorb your entire energies, and satisfy your widest ambition.

The Right and Left. Paradigms and labels. Sometimes I tire of the labels. Why does everybody have to fit into a nice little box? I love contradiction. I am one. Most people take one look at me and decide I'm a good girl and I am not. So let's cut to the chase, I am a hedonist. Why not, right?
I am also one of those people that no matter who I meet I am always given a nickname. Heather who? It's either Weeds, Snappy, Lady, Winter Weather Heather (Which is a good story remind me to tell you that one. J'aime La Fac), H-star or my all time fav 'The Queen Bee'. (a little dated now, but funny just the same...).

You cannot pick your nickname...no. Those nicknames never stick.
It's only the shite ones that you hate that people remember.
However, I realized that what this also means is that I am loved, because these nicknames were given to me by my friends and those that have meant the most to me. Just like life, it is a give and take, so call me any of those moniker's, at this point I pretty much answer to anything. The people in retail stores know this because whenever they put on their Customer Service sing-song voice and ring out "Hi There!" I hear "Heather" and it throws me off...
Damned Gap Greeter's!

Welcome to I'm Wide Awake.

No comments: