Monday, May 02, 2005

"This is my very favorite part..."

I have noticed that I say that. A lot. I like to point out my favorite parts of certain songs (or movies)...

"From father to son
In one life has begun"

That is my favorite part of the U2 song Dirty Day...it's in the way Bono sings it. Zooropa is one of my favorite albums. I also love Weezer's second album Pinkerton, and most people I know don't like that album. I love "El Scorcho"...that song reminds me of good times. It is hard for me to pick a favorite song or if people ask what my favorite movie is ...how do you pick just one? Are there people who can just nail those kinds of questions and definitively know their favorites??
My ladies were bugging me on the weekend when I kept pointing out my favorite parts of songs while we were on our wee roadtrip...
I was all, "this is my favorite part....oh...no, this is my favorite part coming up here." Then like 2 minutes later, "I love this part, too."
I know...I am just plain retarded.

It makes me laugh...you know those quirky things you do that you can't really explain? I don't know why I do that...
Why do people have pet peeves? I have always wondered why something that is super annoying to me is completely fine to another person. I also have a lot of pet peeves (as you already know if you read this blog) and 'Tappers' and 'Leg Shakers' top that list.

Song Du Jour: Dirty Day ~ U2

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Leg shakers, huh?

I know you always point out your favorite parts, that just made me laugh.

duke

Heather said...

Yup...frickin leg shakers. I find twitchy people very annoying and always want to reach out and stop their leg. My hate of Tappers started when we used to work at the OG, Duke. Servers would stand and tap their pens or their fingers while waiting outside the ole "cashier cell" when I was processing their bills and it would drive me batty.

Anonymous said...

What about the ones that used to reach through the cage?

Duke

Heather said...

People who reached through the cage were usually going for mints...and Lewis would reach in and grab like 50 and then throw them at me as he was taking the 2 he needed for his table. Fucker.