Thursday, May 19, 2005

"Luke, I am your mother..." (**STOP ...Star Wars spoilers)

What do you call a man with no arms and no legs burning on the edge of a river of lava??
Darth Vader

It is complete Dudes. Except I still want to know why Lando was pissed at Han Solo...
Go see Star Wars...laugh at the cheesy lines, giggle at R2D2, make comments all through it with your former Board of Governors Representative.

When we walked in Catrin took one look and said, "Oh my God, it's filled with kids with light sabers."
Quote of the night: The Usher, "Everybody...attention, Please! Please turn off your cell phones and pagers...and light sabers...."

We ended up in third row...which was waaaay too close...frick I was feeling woozy after the opening dog fight. I'll tell you this...Darth Vader is one serious bastard.
It was sooooo good. But keep in mind I like Episode I and II.

Favorite part: Seeing Chewy (lots of wookies actually)....no, Yoda fighting the Sith...no, no..the big gecko Obi-wan rides...that was so funny.
Grievous was really creeping me out and how about that souped-up wagon wheel he's driving? Pimp my Wagon Wheel.

As an aside: I didn't spill my pop on Bogg this time!

Song Du Jour: Stand Up ~ Ludacris

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Captain Grammar's "Not if anything to say about it *I* have" line almost made me snort root beer out my nose.

Was there a bunch of annoying grade 10 kids who started clapping and cheering for the opening titles? I just sat there and rolled my eyes.

--The Dude

Heather said...

How about when yoda knocks out those two guards on his way into see Palpatine? That got a big laugh from the crowd...and yes, there was plenty of cheering and clapping...Nerdy me was cheering and clapping too.
At one point...when you first hear the infamous notes of the Vader music play I cheered loudly on behalf of my imperialist Roommate.
I'd say the audience actually made it a better experience.

Catrin said...

Oh, I agree about the "Not if anything to say about it I have" line. It was the highlight of the movie.