Monday, May 23, 2005

"The more we do to you, the less you seem to believe we are doing it." - Dr. Joseph Mengele

Do we just think the best of people because we are naive? It is like we can't imagine the evil potential of some people? My History prof used to talk about this...he commented on how he noticed how shocked students always are that there are people out there who can do really evil things. He was a cynical guy and even went so far as to say, "Deep down inside I know what I am capable of if nobody is watching...so why is it so shocking when we hear about these individuals who have no self-control?"
It always made me wonder what he was capable of? How much of that is subjective? What I deem devious behavior might be totally different from what you think it is, right?

What if I went through life always expecting people are crazy or capable of crazy things? I don't think that would be much of a life. So is it better to always think the best of a person? I wonder how many of you have a big dark secret you are keeping hidden away? Should I care?

Song Du Jour: Two Shots of Happy, One Shot of Sad ~ Matt Dusk
And why do website creators put up that fist page that asks if you want to enter the official site? Of course I want to enter...just give me the main site for Christ sake. I have never understood that....

No comments: