Friday, May 13, 2005

"And when the stars have all gone out, You'll still be burning so bright.."

Did you know that the pack a hobo carries on a stick is called a bindlestiff?

That's twice now this week that I have had bindlestiff come up. Funny how you can go your whole life without knowing something and then poof in one week you confront it twice. Words are great aren't they? Words like ameliorate, sycophant....soporific.

And then there are the colloquialisms we all know and love. And then there is the esoteric language of friends. I have slaughtered the English language and have even created a bit of a sub-culture with The Rottens. I manipulate it, twist it for my own needs, and just plain create words.

Neat how maliable it is. Shakespeare created words...just made em up...
Don't you just love words? I like them best in lyric form...

Song Du Jour: Answer by Sarah McLachlan

1 comment:

Heather said...

Sammers...that is just plain weird. Who knew we would both be talking about Bindlestiffs? Freaking creepy how it works out like that.

Welke: Best song for sure. I have been playing it over and over. I also like the last song on the album...but it is really freakin' sad. Sarah rocks...