Thursday, April 28, 2005

"I listen to the wind..."

You know the part in Almost Famous where Penny Lane is in the hall after the concert dancing around to this song? I love that part.
When it is windy that song gets in my head.

Cat Stevens - The Wind

I listen to the wind
To the wind of my soul
Where I'll end up well I think,
Only God really knows
I've sat upon the setting sun
But never, never never never
I never wanted water once
No, never, never, never

I listen to my words but
They fall far below
I let my music take me where
My heart wants to go
I swam upon the devil's lake
But never, never never never
I'll never make the same mistake
No, never, never, never

3 comments:

Heather said...

Tiny Dancer....Almost Famous really is such a great movie.

Tiny Dancer and that moment on the bus when everything is going to shit and then the music just makes it all okay. I love that moment when Penny Lane turns to The Kid and simply states..."You are home." I love Jimmy Fallon in that movie talking about how Mick Jagger won't be rockin it up when he's 60. Too Funny.

aahhh...nostalgia. I need to watch that movie again. I've got the DVD and it even came with a Stillwater CD (Which kinda blows, imho...).

Anonymous said...

Didn't we nickname someone "Tiny Dancer"? Or was that "Private Dancer"?

I'm suprised to hear that Almost Famous made your list of top movies Indian. I know what an afficianado of the cinema you are so I'm gonna have to give it another look. I saw Harold and Kumar last week and thought it was quite amusing, especially the Doogie Howser cameo. The last good serious movie I saw was Million Kollar Baby, which I bought for 80 cents in Beijing so I forgave the warped title.

Best TV show right now besides Corrie is Chapelle's Show, Friday night on Comedy Network. Too funny.

Duke

Anonymous said...

Hello!
What a great blog!!
I will certainly come back here often and check.
If You really are interested in nail polish bottle I can recommend You to visit nail polish bottle
Here You will find all You need to know about nail polish bottle.