Sunday, September 12, 2004

"You do it to yourself, you do..and that's what really hurts" ~Just

It was 2 a.m. and there were 6 pitchers of piss...errr I mean Strath Beer on the table and I started to go pirate. The Dude looks over and says...why do we have 4 new pitchers? I look at the table and even with one eye closed I count 6.
"It's six Dude..."
The Dude, "holy fuck..."

Yes, holy fuck indeed. The Bouncer asked us to "move to the front" so we all grabbed a pitcher and our wee glasses and headed to the south end of the Strath.
Sammers, or as the boys renamed her "Hammers" did her part and chugged straight from the pitcher. This is the bit where "I'm not drinking" turned to "she gess vey, vey drunk azza bar." She lived up to that new moniker too...I love you Hammers. D'Ondion bought off sales and there was a rumour we were going to Lancaster's for yet more beer but, somewhere between The Strath and 99 street we lost our way. Marcel promised he knew the way, he ran ahead to check, but we just wandered about for an hour or so...

At some point the fact that I had to work at 9 a.m. should have slowed me down, but no. It isn't often I get to hang out with such a motley crew...The old friends meeting the new...in a word, last night was sawesome. Thanks to all those who showed up, even for a bit...Allie, Genevers, The Rev and Dezbion, Boggy, Rotten Ronnie...who is probably hurting just like me this morning...
Seriously...what is in that "beer" at the Strath?

Now I just need to figure out a way to do my job without moving.
Stupid brown bottle flu....Is it true that Extra Strength Midol cures hangovers?

Song Du Jour: Just ~ Radiohead

5 comments:

Heather said...

No doubt...Our stomp down Whyte Ave was more of a stumble, eh? I loved the Bouncer who shook your hand after you finished of that pitcher...good times.

I didn't think I drank that much either...
Two Pilsners and a pint of Sleeman's Honey brown at the Dog and I was fine leaving the Dog..and then that shite Strath beer...and I was stumbling out of the Strath...
That shit will fuck you up...clearly.
The Dude didn't seem too inebriated...(but my judgement might have been a *bit* off. tee hee.)
Was The Kid hurting, Hammers?

Jake said...

You never call me anymore.

Anonymous said...

I had 3 Buds at the Black Dog. I didn't really get plastered, but I was definitely more drunk than I was on Friday. That Strath beer tasted like Wildcat...way better than the "Club" at Duke's or the Gandalf Beer (AGD) at the Underground and at a heck of a price.

Have you asked my cousin Danielle about Boys on the Bus yet?

Falcons won. Tell the Indian! :P

--The Dude

Anonymous said...

Oh yeah, and 3 bottles of Kokanee at RATT in the evening...

--Duder

Heather said...

The Dude,
My cousin Danielle does not possess a copy. Dammit.

If anybody has a copy of The 1987 Edmonton Oiler's documentary video "Boys on the Bus" they'd like to lend me drop me a line!
My cousin Danielle says Shupak has a copy of some Messier movie that I "have to see"...how is it that I haven't seen these movies yet?

And Sammers, Are you like Dory and suffer short term memory loss? (but you are probably right...we'll be doing it again this weekend I am sure, tee hee.)
Frick if I wasn't such a pussy I'd be drinking tonight at Ratt...