Monday, September 20, 2004

"After fifteen minutes I wanted to marry her, and after half an hour I completely gave up the idea of stealing her purse." ~ Virgil Starkwell

Woody Allen is just plain silly. Roman and I watched the mockumentary "Take the Money and Run" and I laughed and laughed. But if you don't like silly movies then this isn't for you. Woody Allen plays a sad and pathetic criminal...My favorite part was when he was in a marching band in his youth...playing a cello...yup...a cello in marching band...top notch hilarity.

I spent the weekend studying, making 80's CD's and going to varsity games. The Bears football team had a slow start but pulled out a pretty decent game, and a 3 point victory over UBC. My Cousin Danielle and her Pandas had a series of exhibition games this weekend. Friday they tied 1-1, Saturday they bitch-slapped GMCC 14-1, and Sunday they lost 1-0. Yup..a loss. Brutal.
So this, my 88th post, is dedicated to Danny and her final year as a Panda!

Go Pandas!

I also got a job working for the Pandas WOO HOO! I start Friday, which happens to be another exhibition game against The Calgary X-Treme from the NWHL. If you come to only one Panda game this year it better be the one on Friday...you can see Hayley Wickenheiser, Cassie Campbell and of course my cousin Danielle, Delaney and The Pandas take it to them.


Song Du Jour: Tainted Love ~ The Clash

5 comments:

Jake said...

1) Six-point victory.
2) Wouldn't it make more sense to spell My Cousin Danielle's nickname "Dani" or something? Though admittedly it would look dumb.
3) The X-Treme are no longer members of the NWHL, though they are the reigning NWHL champions. Just not the defending champions.
4) I'm an asshole.

Heather said...

Jake,
1.) 36-33? I thought that was the final...must have been all those fumes from the Old Spice they gave out before the game...
2.) I'll call her what I like...and spell it the way I like.
3.) That's important info. I am glad you mentioned it.
4.) Indeed, but who else can say their blog has a sports editor?

Jake said...

Janet:

I like her too. She gives me good quotes for my stories.

Heather:

1) 33–27. Though in your defense, the fumes were obscuring the scoreboard.
2) Yeah, you should appreciate that luxury. I have to call her "Pandas forward Danielle Bourgeois" on first reference, and "Bourgeois" on all subsequent references.
3) The important thing is that they'll still be in Edmonton numerous times throughout the year. Huzzah!
4) Well, I can. Though admittedly, you get more posts from a sports editor than I do.

Jake said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...

Hello Heather!!

Thanks for visiting my blog!
Hope you understand portuguese...

If not, well...I tell you (and I lie) that it is a very important blog in Portugal!! :)

Hope that you´ve enjoyed this silly things I write!
Best regards,
Kalvin
http://umembroglio.blogspot.com