Thursday, January 27, 2005

"the truth is that CBC Newsworld wanted his “no-BS” attitude"

The fact that I have no cable leaves me with two channels I can see clearly and four channels I watch through snow (I call it ghetto-vision). Newsworld (15) and YTV(14) get great reception. CTV(3), CBC(5), Global(13), and A-Channel(107) all come in a little fuzzy.

The newest addition to CBC Newsworld is one George Stroumboulopoulos and his show The Hour. Do we like this new show? What is it we think of Georgie boy? (no, ladies, I don't want to just hear about how hot he is...)
Yesterday there was another meeting to dicuss the fate of the NHL lockout...what I liked the best about The Hour was when George got up and walked himself up the stairs and then down the hall to the HNIC office and asked them. Now that rocks. Why not go to the source and have a sit down chat?
They also have a segment called Fact or Fiction...
IT'S A FACT! George reads out a statement and then two panelist label it fact or fiction...it makes for some good debate.

Last night on Fact or Fiction they were discussing NAOMI.
" Up to 470 Vancouver heroin addicts will take part in a North American first – a study that will give free heroin to junkies. As part of the North American Opiate Medication Initiative – or NAOMI project – carefully chosen addicts will be given free heroin or an unrestricted amount of methadone for 12 months. After that period, the doses will taper off."

They had two ex-heroin addicts on and they got into a sweet fight about just how addictive the drug *really* is. Should the government provide clean drugs to addicts to allow them to control the crime rate and heath problems created by the drugs? It really showed that there is a huge difference of opinion even from addicts. I am torn on this one...I have no opinion of this simply because I want to see the results of the initiative. Thoughts? Who is outraged?

I will admit it, when The Hour got lame, I switched over to YTV to see what was up with Busy...By the way...why did they name their kid Busy?

Song Du Jour: Another White Dash ~ Butterfly Boucher

No comments: