Friday, January 28, 2005

"Although you'll crack three ribs, the TV footage will concentrate on the puppy you saved and pretty much ignore you."

That's from my horriblescope from the Onion.com...I had to go there because Steve Smith made me. That pretty much sums up the week for this lady...

So I take it from the dearth of comments on that last post that most people don't care for George, or his hour, on CBC. Hendy said, "it sucks. First thing they need to do is change the name to The Half-Hour..."

Roadrunners game was....well, sensory overload combined with punch dancing. The boys got the "W" and it was interesting to see a game from the 5th row (as opposed to seeing it from the 38th like we normally do). Personally I like the 38th row better, not so many screaming 8 year olds up there...
I also finished my first paper of '05 this morning. Woo hoo! Midterms are looming large on Monday, I have two back to back. Ummm...can you really call it a 'midterm" in January?

The other day I was wondering...what does Alphagetti look like in Japan?

The Pandas hockey team won tonight vs. Regina. Final score 7-1. It was suggested that the "Cougars" might actually pull out a win...ha ha.

Song Du Jour: Choral No. 10 ~ Johann Pachelbel (The "Jesus que ma joie demeure" arrangement or just for Catrin: "Jesus bleibet meine freude")
Why can't they make the names of these beautiful classical songs easier to figure out? hrm?

4 comments:

Heather said...

As one of George's biggest fans, even I must say I'm a little disappointed with his little show. He has developed somewhat of a condescending attitude since he started it. Also, the man was just cut out to be a music host. Have a good weekend!

Jake said...

Stupid Cougars. That was pathetic. I hope they show up tonight.

Heather said...

I still Like George. I like most of the show...but the fact that at midnight it goes up against Jon Stewart, mean he'll lose out there.

Ahhhh...the Cougs...That coach was a real peice of work, eh? She was so upset about 0.3 seconds....uh, lady I don't think you'll come back from a 4 point deficit in .3 seconds....even if you think you have momentum on your side. I understand her frustration, but she didn't have to take it out on the timekeeper. Yikes.

Anonymous said...

I just figured this out...the Road Runners are 7-1-0-0 when you are in attendance. Not bad considering their home record thus far is 15-9-0-4.

--The Dude