Friday, January 21, 2005

Hawkeye: "I can't say that I've loved you all. But I've loved as many of you as I could!!"

Alan Alda. That dude from M*A*S*H* and now the guy from Scientific America. Today in Psych we watched a clip about animals and language. Alan Alda communicated with a seal! The girl beside me freaked right out when she heard Hawkeye's voice.
"Alan Alda! Omigawd!" Then she wispers to her friend beside her...and they giggle. I wonder if Alan Alda knows the chick in my psych class has a crush on him?

The seat I sat in had no desk table. It was literally ripped from the hinge and I was forced to write, mostly illegibly, on my lap with a notebook. That class is packed so I was not going get up and move all my crap to another seat...there were none available. Once again my 'prof' was hilarious. He's talking about how people talk in a higher pitch to children, the elderly and their mates and making funny jabs at those couples in SUB who talk all lovey-dovey to eachother..."why? Why on earth would people do that?" It is hilarious to catch two people in the middle of that "couple-pitched" conversation...
"No, I wuv you more snookums..."

Went to the Symphony last night. It was very good but I have never understood how people can be content to just sit and listen to music....if it has a good beat I want to dance to it...I can't just sit there. It is odd to me. Maybe it has something to do with all the mobility aids I saw there. Rich, old people really like the symphony. I kept likening it to sports games...People who clap at the wrong time like between movements are like people who boo icing or offsides at hockey games. I didn't get a lot of chances to yell out "HIIIIT HIM!" but instead you can yell other things...more pompous things like "Bravo!!" The conductor actually took requests at the end.
And just like at hockey games some people started to get up and leave during the last selection. These are the same type of people who leave with 5 minutes left in the third period...I have never understood that. Speaking of sports...

This is my favorite weekend in the NFL. I mean sure, I like the superbowl, but it is usually a blow out and not really a good football game on the whole, it is ussually pretty one sided. But this weekend you have the best teams in the NFC playing eachother and the best teams in the AFC playing eachother. It usually means these will be the best NFL games of the season. The Superbowl is more about the entertainment of the halftime show and all the hype about the commercials...big-whipty-do. I bitch and moan about the sheer number of commercials I have to suffer through during regular season games. If you showed it without any commercials...now that I would get excited for. I've decided to put my bets on The Falcons and New England.

Song Du Jour: The Promise ~ When in Rome

"I gotta tell you, I gotta tell you, I need to tell you...
I'm sorry, but I'm just thinking of the right words to say.
I know they don't sound the way I planned them to be.
But if you'll wait around awhile, I'd make you fall for me
I promise you, I promise you..."

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

1. If you want to hear the lovey-dovey "You're shmoopy" "No, you're shmoopy" "shmoopy shmoopy shmoopy" just come to the White House.

2. Did you punch dance at the Symphony?

3. This year, AFC Champion = Superbowl Champion. So yeah, this is the best weekend for football. I think if you have Sunday Ticket, there are fewer commercials, but don't quote me on that. I just think so because when the Oilers are on pay-per-view, the only show a few commercials during the intermissions.

4. Scariest thing happened this morning. On my way to class, a Buccaneers fan crossed my path.

--The Dude

Heather said...

1. Or hang out with Andre and his special lady...
2. But of course
3. If Chevy would just stop running the same bloddy commercial over and over and over that would take care of most of the problem. "Like a Rock"...in your shoe...

4. *shudder* Is that bad luck? Like a black cat crossing your path? Good thing you're growing your playoff beard and wearing your lucky panties.
I had a Minny fan in my first class. ha ha. Dude had the worst breath...He came in late and sat behind me. You know it is bad when I can smell it from a metre away.

Anonymous said...

I have a crush on Alan Alda, and I think I can say that I love M*A*S*H more than bowling. Speaking of bowling, this weekend I bowled two games. Alexander Keith's tripled my score from the first game to the second game. Who knew?

Check out this quiz:
http://www.bloggerheads.com/mash_quiz/

My results are as follows:
You are Captain B.J. Hunnicut.
Well, you're not really him; you just resemble this fictional character. A bit.
Let's get that straight before you start growing a silly moustache and operating on people.

I have yet to operate on people. And yes Heather, you can call me BJ.

Anonymous said...

Love,
JK

Heather said...

YAY!
JK!
I love you JK...And according to that wee quiz I'm Hawkeye...So I guess that makes us drinking buddies, BJ.