Friday, January 14, 2005

"So, uh, you married old Norm son-of-a-Gunderson?" - Mike Yanagita

Yeah, real good.

If you have never seen the movie Fargo, go out and see it. That way you will understand what the heck we're talking about if you spend any time with us. Went out to sing Karaoke last night...didn't plan on getting drunk, but pitcher after pitcher kept arriving at our table, so I tried to keep up...
At one point though we were all talking like Margie and Jerry...I am so grateful for the Coen brothers.

Bogg sang The Itsy-Bitsy Spider and I provided the visual component, for the deaf-mutes in the crowd, by doing the hand movements that accompany the song. I got a lot of compliments on my t-shirt which says "Talk Nerdy to Me". I got it from Janners who is selling them for the PSUA. Best T-shirt ever.

The hangover was another story all together...ugh...too many Budweisers...yes, the king of beers...it was good times. Old school good times. And nobody can beat Tim Cole's Janis Joplin at Karaoke...he's still the best I've heard. I think "Dirty slut Hobag" will need to practice a bit before the next Karaoke outing...The rendition of "These boots were made for walking" was okay, but I think we nailed, "Everybody's Working For The Weekend".

Who's excited for the NFL division playoffs? hmm? Just me? I can't seem to contain my excitement!

Oh and there is a U of A night at the Roadrunners on Jan. 27th. Email me if you want to come with the 8 or so of us who are already going. It's only $14.
I saw Ruffie (the mascot of the Roadrunners, *technically* they call him Ripple or Razzle, but we call him Ruffie) in SUB yesterday along with Baumer and Stolly, *and* I got to boo Snowdude and his Flamers Jersey......and I thought that was the highlight of my day, but Bogg's punk rock version of the itsy-bitsy spider wins out as the highlight du jour. Or more specifically when he yelled into the mic after the second verse, "Stupid spider never learns!!" ah Bogg...Four More Years!!

Song Du Jour: Sometimes you can't make it on your own ~U2

4 comments:

Heather said...

oh, and who defaced Bogg's photo in my daytimer? Made me laugh out loud...and this person clearly knows Bogg well...
Bogg now says: "Fuck me or I'll raise your tuition!"
Needless to say Bogg dind't get laid last night...His lack of action just cost me an extra $260 in tuition.

Anonymous said...

Welke and I defaced your daytimer. It was a team effort.

Go Falcons!

--The Dude

Heather said...

Sammers, if Tuition increases are based soley on Bogg's success with the ladies, then I think we should seriously consider pooling our money to get Bogg some action. Perhaps we could steal Hendy's idea of setting up a one cent per student dedicated fee to facilitate that? Who wants to send that referendum question to IRB for drafting?

Go falcons? How about Go Mike Vick!!! They talk about the amazing Atlanta "team effort" but it sounds a lot like "The falcons are an amazing team, Mike Vick, Vick, Vick, Vick, Vick, Vick, Vick, Vick, Vick, Vick, Vick, Vick, Vick.
He's a great running back.

Here is to hoping they beat The Eagles this year...I can hardly wait for that game...The Eagles seems to have lady luck on their side, given the second TD they scored yesterday....total fluke!
And sad to Minny...The Eagles shut down all that momentum they had pretty quick...I called it! No Moon's for Moss. ha ha.

I wonder if The Duke has found a sports bar in Beijing that plays the NFL?

Anonymous said...

I don't know which game you watched, because it wasn't all Mick Vick out there. Mick Vick did not make 2 catches for 22 yards and a TD...that was Alge Crumpler. Mick Vick did not make 3 catches for 22 yards and a TD...that was Peerless Price. Mick Vick did not return 3 punts for 152 yards and a TD...that was Allen Rossum. Mick Vick did not rush for 142 yards and 2 TDs...that was Warrick Dunn. Mick Vick did not make an interception...that was Jason Webster. Mick Vick did not kick a 38 yard field goal and 7 extra points...that was Jay Feely. Mick Vick did not call the plays on offence...that was Greg Knapp, and he didn't call them on defence either...that was Ed Donatell. And a team does not rush for 327 yards without having an O-Line. Mick Vick is not 5 people and does not make blocks and open holes in the Rams defence. And that's without a single mention of any player on defence. Mick Vick is not on the Falcons defence.

Mick Vick did complete 12 of 16 passes for 82 yards and 2 TDs, no INTs, lost a fumble, made a tackle, made one catch for 2 yards, and ran for 119 yards. He did his part. As for him just being "another running back," I'd like to see Dunn or Duckett complete 12 of 16 passes for 2 TDs.

Just a little sick of being told this is a one man team. They could at least make the same claim about the Packers, the Colts, and any other team with a really great QB.

--The Dude.