Monday, January 10, 2005

If the Jacksonville Jaguars are known as the"Jags" and the Tampa Bay Buccaneers are known as the "Bucs", what does that make the Tennessee Titans?

The Miami Dolphins have renamed their stadium to the "Dolphins stadium". How Clever! Let's hope that Saban can pull the team out of the tailspin and revive it to a bit of its former glory. I am loving the NFL playoffs right now....

Today was the first day back to school for this lady. My first 2 classes look promising. My "Prof's" are both grad students so that should make it more interesting. Oddly enough this semester I have to read a text book called Listen. It's a first year music course...yay fine arts!! I already have 2 midterms, back to back, on January 31st. Good times.
My Psych Prof looks like a really tall, bald Matt Brechtel, minus the dreamy eyes, and he is rather funny. He offered us some tips and tricks for how to *barely* pass a multiple choice exam. "If you are cramming the night before, not that I recommend that but hell I know half of you will do it anyway, but just focus on one or two chapters and just embrace defeat. You're going to fail, but you might just pull out a D+ if you don't skim over all the material..."

He also commented on people who study at the Power Plant and gave us the psychological reasons for why this method of studying is useless. It made me think back to last year and how often I found myself "studying" in Ratt with a Beer. I love it when our professors give us study tips based on their own study habits.

8 comments:

Catrin said...

Hey Heather, you're in this class with my friend Babil! I just read your entry to her and she said: "Wait a minute...that's what *my* prof said today..."
It's a small world. Uhm, university. Uhm, faculty. Or something.

Heather said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Heather said...

That's funny...yes small world.

I was going to put up a 'Song Du Jour' today but Catrin, I was wondering... who does that song "aside" on that disc you made me for my birthday? It is #9...is it the Weakerthans? Great song...so is Fresh Feeling.

Oh and yes I got it working because it was upside down in my cd player. *Apparently* it doesn't work that way...D'oh! Did I mention how tipsy I was...I shouldn't operate machinery whilst drunk...
The disc is great, thanks very much.

Anonymous said...

Weeds,
I recommend you do all your studying at the Power Plant, preferably Friday afternoon. It's guaranteed pass. If the night ends at the Purple Onion, A+.
duke

ps-damn Minesota for winning after I ran them down so much all year.

Heather said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Heather said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Heather said...

Frick...Minnny...All they seem to want to talk about is Moss's *moon*, that wasn't even a moon it was just a jab at the Packers fans. Did you see the signs they made telling Moon to go home, etc? Jesus...since Janet flashed her tit the shit really hits the fan on these types of antics. I thought it was hilarious. He's all class.

I hope the Eagles score two TD's in the first quarter. That'll shut down any momentum the Viking's have. Here is to hoping they come up big in the sack department as well.

Catrin said...

Oh, that's too funny- you put the disk in upside down, huh? Heehee.
And yes, it's the Weakerthans. good band. Great song. Sing along lyrics.