Friday, August 06, 2004

"Once more unto the breach, dear friends, once more...." ~ Shakespeare

Friday again. Wow this summer is flying. Tomorrow is the big wedding. I just found out that the Bride has a case of viral meningitis. How shitty is that? Apparently she has been 7 days sick with this virus so they hope she'll feel okay tomorrow. Ummm..Is that contagious? Is it bad form to wear a face mask to the nuptials?

Yesterday I hung out with my ladies and we went and saw The Stepford Wives. I thought it was good, and I laughed a lot. Gregory said it was "meh" so I had lowered the bar and it met my lowered expectations.

The Daily Show will have Bill Clinton on as a guest on Monday. I know! Exciting! I'm pretty excited for that. Trying to increase his book sales, Clinton is in the press all the time these days. I have seen him interviewed by Letterman, and Peter Mansbridge and now Jon Stewart. It should be great. This book tour will help Kerry, it was well-timed and gives Clinton the perfect excuse to talk up Kerry at every chance.

Tom Cruise is also on the publicity junket for his new movie. Can't get enough of him. Rawr! I swear he's been on every single show in the last week. His appearance on Letterman (highlights) was fricken funny. As a commercial pilot, he told a hilarious anecdote about running out of oxygen on a troubled flight. Apparently if they cut of the oxygen supply to the main cabin they (the pilots) would have enough oxygen to make it to an airfield. So they did it, cut the oxygen, and their sole passenger passed out, none the wiser, and awoke with "numb hands". This is hilarious on about 4 levels. I laughed and laughed...Cruise could barely tell the story he was laughing so hard. It was a great interview..and now I totally want to see what all the hype is about his new movie. I wonder if it as good as they say?

My friend is doing what pregnant women do, nest. She's all ready for the baby, she's bought everything and the house cleaned...and he's decided he's staying in and won't come out. Two of my other close friends both had baby girls on August 9th, nine years apart, perhaps this little guy will make his debut that day, too...

The next council meeting looks like it will be a good one. (and that picture of the Kotovych family is great, I never knew Romans' parents read the council agenda...but well, happy 30th Anniversary!!) That House Committee bill might actually get debated, Brock is taking on dedicated fees, even the topic of Vids has made it back into the agenda, . The Exec is moving to create an adhoc working group, named the Advocacy Consultation and Development Committee (ACDC). (I see we still have a special knack for picking ridiculous acronyms...)

Frick, can I ever escape the lure of council?
Damn you student politics!!!!

Hacks: Does WoW have a theme yet? What is NODA? and what is CCSA again? And why can't they find a place to have their conference?? And why is this important? hm...it isn't really. But knowledge is power right?

Song Du Jour: Hail to the Chief (stuck in my head because my roomie was singing it this morning...he suggests it is high time we started playing it when he walks in rooms.)

EDIT: Apparently Viral Meningitis can be contagious from the 3rd to the 10th day of the illness. But as long as I don't kneck the bride and wash my hands I should be okay...Or so says Colleen, the nurse at Healthlink. We are freaking out a little because of the fact that I will be in the room when Lina has her baby and I don't want to infect him. Frick, what to do? Should I not go to this wedding? You'd think that the Doctor would tell the bride to cancel the wedding if that is the case, right? It should be okay, right? Perhaps I should err on the side of caution? Holy dilemma, Batman...

1 comment:

"Steve Smith" said...

1. The WoW Theme is "Night of the Living WoW".
2. NODA is some sort of student services organization, whose conference we will be hosting, provided Council approves the motion (and there is really no reason that it wouldn't).
3. CCSA is the Canadian Congress of Student Associations, whose conference is, from my experience, a big fat waste of money. I'm not sure if that's why it can't find a host for it or not.