Tuesday, December 07, 2004

"As a result of the smaller roster, all-star forward Danielle Proletariat will be expected to play 60 minutes per game for the remainder of the year"

"Fake Mutton" from an article in this year's "Getaway"....

The article made me laugh out loud. That would be fine except for the fact that I was in "History 10" at the time and I got a wicked look from my prof. Whatever. It is first year history, he should be used to immature behavior by now.

When I talk about 'my cousin Danielle' I can't seem to drop the 'my cousin' bit before I say her name. This has prompted many people to also call her 'my cousin Danielle' which makes for interesting conversation. It is rather funny and a bit esoteric, but reading that line used in the Getaway will make three or perhaps four people laugh. Good on ya "Fake Mutton," that took balls to put it in there.

Other than that I didn't really think the Getaway was that funny. Was it just me? It seems that over using expletives constitutes wit in this years issue. I'm not an enemy of toilet humour but this tactic backfires. Also that revolting picture of Paul Owen (with tassels even...ugh..) on page eight is enough to make you lose your lunch.
*shudder*

So as long as you are not eating, or have just eaten, skim through the Getaway, avoid page eight at all costs, and read the article entitled, "Hockey Panda's Coach Goes Insane". Seriously, don't look at page eight it may be one of those images you never recover from...
*shudder*

(at the time of this post The Getaway was not published on the website, when or if it is published I will link to the story)

6 comments:

Jake said...

I don't know if it was "balls" so much as "alcohol," but at any rate I'm glad you enjoyed the article.

Anonymous said...

Yes...they did forget the Steve Smith of Tennessee Titans fame...

--The Dude

Anonymous said...

To quote The Dude, "What the fuck are you talking about?"

--The Dude

"Steve Smith" said...

To say nothing of former WestJet CEO and current Jazz or Tango or something CEO Steve Smith. Beyond that. . .

Nicholas said...

My favourite website has a lot more to say on Kiesling's paper and "Dude" in general: here, here, here, here, here and here.

Heather said...

I never knew the word Dude had sparked such interest...
And here I thought it was just me who can have whole conversations using just the word Dude....