Thursday, November 25, 2004

"Sure, luck means a lot in football. Not having a good quarterback is bad luck." ~Don Schula.

Ahhh..Luck..My Aunt always says if it weren't for bad luck I wouldn't have any luck at all. I guess it is all what you make of it, right? I get to give a presentation on perseverance tomorrow at the SU's High School Leadership Conference and rest assured I won't be talking about how *luck* got me where I am today.

Today I wish I was in America celebrating Thanksgiving. Happy Thanksgiving to any Americans reading this. It would be a day off today and I wouldn't have a bazillion things to do and I could just have spent the day watching the NFL. I picked the Bears to win...But I also picked the Colts so let's just call it even shall we?

Last night the Roadrunners had a great 3rd period (about 12 minutes of incredible hockey). My new best friend Raffi Torres scored 4 goals. It was beautiful. I never knew that Jordin Tootoo was such a brawler. So far he's got 63 penalty minutes...Frick, and here I thought he was all about scoring goals. Rocky Thompson has 63 minutes too...I certainly would never have compared those two players together.

I'm loving the AHL...it's helping me get through the NHL withdrawl.

This is also incredibly cool to any U2 fans out there. Wish I could have been there to see that....

Song Du Jour: Still The One ~ Orleans
(This song is now firmly trapped in my head...curses! Don't you just hate it when you can't get a terrible song out of your head? Please, somebody help me...)

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sorry about that. That song is "still the one" that's in my head too. I don't think it's THAT bad though...

--The Dude

Heather said...

Great. Now it is *back* in my head. Thanks Dude.
Gregory and I were singing that Apples and Bananas song in 'Safeways' and that got stuck in my head tonight....
"I like to eat, eat, eat, apples and bananas...I like to ote, ote, ote, opples and bononos...."
I don't know which song is worse...curse you catchy songs!!!

Anonymous said...

I'm also 2 for 2 to start the week. Nobody else picked the Cowboys.

--The Dude

Heather said...

Sweet NFL.
Well, so far I am 9 out of 15, which shockingly is the same as The Indian. I really am surprised that The Bills won. (Denver/Oakland game just finished..a blocked fieldgoal. Brutal, and Da Raidahs win...and we all picked Denver.) The Dude, 11 out of 15...that's pretty good, Jacksonville screwed you on your pepto upset of the week.
Can't wait for the Packers to win the MFNer tomorrow.

Anonymous said...

Yeah, I was 12 for 16 last week, and I'm hoping to repeat that this week. Stupid Denver...it was so annoying, being as how they were 11 point favorites and my lock of the week! And my brother loves it of course...gross...

On a more happy note, one more win and the Falcons will clinch the NFC South, and raise only their 4th banner in their 39-year history to the roof of the Georgia Dome. Even if they lose every other game, one of the other three teams ('Aints, Succaqueers, or Prancers) would have to string together 5 straight wins just to tie the Falcons.

--The Dude