Monday, November 08, 2004

"A friend is one who knows all about you and likes you anyway" ~Christi Mary Warner

What a week. Bush got re-elected but I have nothing to say about that really. I certainly was not surprised. The Duke became a Father. The Pandas won both games on the weekend and the Bears Football team won too. The Smos on the other hand, lost. I took it badly and was a poor loser. I had made plans to go out after the game with some friends and one of them is an obnoxious Riders fan. I thought I just might have to punch him in the nose...

After a few beers I decided that The Roughriders fans have always been pretty decent about losing, so I better be a good sport about the whole thing.
After sitting with a riders fan with green and white paint all over his face I have to admit it was probably better that I went out, instead of going home to throw a pity party.

What is it about sports? How is it that I can take it so serious and yet fully understand that in the end it really means next to nothing in the grand scheme of things. The Fins lost, again. To Arizona! Jesus.

Seeing as I am filling the gap the NHL has made in my sports watching schedule I have a pretty tame week ahead. The Bears football team plays Saturday at 2 p.m. Golden bears, Go Golden Bears....

This might mean I actually take the time to get caught up in my school work...but not bloody likely. I have been invited to play "Punk Rock Bingo" on Tuesday night and there is birthday party on Wednesday night...I think instead of just giving us 2 days off this week, we should get the whole week off. At this rate I'll just have to pretend I have the whole week off...

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Weeds, you forgot to mention the Road Runners, who also won. I look forward to Saturday, but I hope that Winks is all better by then. I know David Lowry will be chewing up Saskatchewan's offence like yesterday's garbage. And hopefully GUBA will make his return and stay for the entire game this time. My dad (the U of S alumnus) has expressed an interest in attending the game as well, but he promises to behave.

Good to hear all went well with the rider priders. I know several Rider priders who do not take losing well (i.e. my brother, who pouted throughout last year's Grey Cup.) Me, I stayed home and threw a pity party in my room, air-keyboarding to Blasphemous Rumours, Some Guys Have All the Luck, and other sad 80s songs, and that cheered me up. Air-keyboarding always does.

--The Dude

Anonymous said...

D'Indian,
I think the green riders are playing with a chip on their shoulder, I like that. Therefore including a rider victory in all my pro-lines, and at 3.3 it's a sweet multiplier. I promise to conserve all this weeks winnings for cowtown, which I will spend on firewater to fire you up!!! Go green riders!!!
Sweet Duke

Heather said...

Should have put your firewater cash on the Lions, Duke. Ha ha. Great CFL games yesterday...The cup better go to the Argos. All the tickets I bought of Indian for his Hockey pool are in favour of the East.

This weekend the Bears lost by one point to the Huskies in the Hardy cup. I am tiring of losing out to Saskatchewan...thank god they don't have a NHL team.