Monday, March 31, 2008

“Ladies and gentleman, welcome to the biggest Foo Fighters show in Canada...”

As the Foo Fighters took the stage Friday night the peeps in my section were texting friends for Oilers updates from Colorado...The Oilers game didn't go our way but HOLY CRAP can the Foo Fighters pull the lid off Rexall!!!

My favorite bit? My Hero. It was brilliant, all acoustic from the 2nd stage. And Everlong. Is there anything better than singing along at the top of your lungs with your fellow Edmontonians? (Except for maybe a trianlge solo?) When My Hero ended we were all on our feet with a standing 'O' and after about a minute Dave Grohl yelled for us to "Shut the f*** up!" He was fall down funny and this counts as the most entertainingly funny concert I have attended. I didn't know it at the time but apparently this was the only Foo concert to sell out in Canada. I hope we showed them a good time, I know I was amazed, although I had one too many of those giant "heroin" beers they serve at Rexall. And a special thanks to Sonic 102.9 for saving me with the bottle of water they handed out after the concert!
I had my "man voice" on Saturday...but it was well worth it.
The Oil also pulled out the win over Calgary too on Saturday! Let's hope they beat them again, shall we?
On Sunday OTC and I went kite flying. It's amazing the amount of fun you can have for $1.88.

Oasis is coming too! Another Friday night concert! I'm a big fan!
11 more sleeps to U23D!

Song du Jour: Monster Hospital by Metric

No comments: