Friday, February 22, 2008

"..something is vacant when I think it's all beginning, I been drifting along in the same stale shoes.."

I don't get it...Peeps are complaining about last nights provincial election leaders debate and the 2 minute-free-for-all-debate after each topic. Well, who's the moron who approved the structure of the debate? Hrm? If the media wants a free for all then yes you will get 4 suits all talking over each other which makes for baaaaaaad TV...and it makes the politicians loook like children behaving badly. After the first free-for-all I think the moderators realized it wasn't going to lead to the kind of fireworks they wanted...and then they tried to moderate those two minutes...to no avail. Whoever planned that debate needs to have their head examined, and I don't blame the leaders.

Most people, here at work, think the Wildrose Leader won the debate. I think he was terrible...using big words for no reason, and how many times did he say "innovation"? How many times did he repeat himself? He spoke of rewarding innovation but doesn't seem to have any innovative ideas himself. But apparently he came off as the most charismatic. Wtf?

I am tired of hearing that these particular politicians lack Charisma...yeah dudes, they're NERDS! I'd rather have a completely socially inept leader than some jackass who is all talk and no substance. Sadly all I saw were nerds with no substance. God love them for getting up there and doing their best. You know it takes a lot of perserverance to stick to it like Taft has. However, every time Taft opened his mouth it sounded to me like the teacher from Charlie Brown, "wha, wha... wha, wha, wha wha..."
Good Grief!

And Mason...although well prepared (okay too well prepared) sounded staged. He also looked the most nervous. His "Zingers" fell a wee bit short and Taft nailed him for flip-flopping....even if Mason didn't flip flop as the Journal reported, Taft hit home that remark. Are you shocked to read that I think Stelmach came out looking fresh as a daisy and calm? Because I am shocked. He's like the Teflon Leader...how do they do that? Steady Eddy indeed.

Daveberta said it best, "I do think that because the expectations are so low for him that an even moderately okay performance by Stelmach will be seen as a win for him (regardless of how painful the experience is for both Stelmach and viewers)."

Song Du Jour ~ Jackass by Beck

No comments: