Tuesday, April 19, 2005

"Those who try to make their life secure lose it."

So some rap singer is our new pope!! Or at least that is how I heard it...I was all confused...so Gregory set me straight, "no, his name is 'Ratzinger'.."

We were both diligently studying when the news came on the radio and I heard "We have a new pope...something, something, something...Cardinal and rap singer, Benedict blah, blah, blah..."
Cool! A rap singer! Tee hee. All this studying for finals is making my mind all mooshie.

Cardinal Joseph Ratzinger, to be correct, was the guy who gave John Paul's eulogy and although he's supposed to be some sort of strong conservative he's always talked of the crisis of faith which apparently has been a consistent theme of Ratzinger's public statements and he even calls for church renewal! Sadly, I am quite cynical when I hear talk of Roman Catholics and any sort of reform or renewal.

I am, however, pleased as punch to see that Pope Watch 2005 is finally over, thank Moses for that!

The only other luxury in my life these days is my daily hour of TV which is dedicated to The Street. God, it is getting good and I love the fact that we get a whole hour of it. I bawled when Gay Todd kneeled next to Baby Billy's grave and said, "Billy, it's Daddy...." When our Sarah lost it..I lost it too. Leanne gave it good to Nick and his special lady...and what was that bit of sexual tension I saw there between Nick and Leanne in the Rovers? Ole Bev sure is a sallop. Some cougar she turned out to be! Can you imagine your Mom screwing your boyfriend? Not once but twice? Holy Cougar! Rawr! Shelley needs to dump her scheming boyfriend Charlie but no she'll believe his lies...frick, chicks are stupid. Bogg puts it succinctly, "Girls are not necessarily stupid, they just exercise poor judgment."

Finals, Corrie, and the Pope....Gawd, the subject matter of my blog posts! Crazy. Perhaps I'll make more sense and have more to say when my mind recovers after exams. Perhaps....
I bid good day to you all.

Song Du Jour:Send me an Angel ~ Real Life

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

My brother and I were both hoping the next pope would be black...Pope Jamal I, or something like that.

Good to see you listening to The Wizard soundtrack. Woohoo!

--The Dude

Heather said...

The Wizard soundtrack doesn't exist, sadly. And that stupid song has been in my head for about a week now...especially the pan flute bit. Cripes.

The chick that played 'Haley-he- touched-my-breasts' was also in the movie Pleasantville. I think that is where I remember her from...

Anonymous said...

Yeah, too bad about the Wizard soundtrack, because I can't find that Paul Carrack "I Live by the Groove" song for the life of me...you know, the one that's on when Haley's calling the game councillor and Jimmy's practicing in the arcade?

Holy crap, I didn't recognize Haley in Pleasantville...and Tobey Maguire was in The Wizard...that's just funny.

--The Dude

"Steve Smith" said...

I believe the proper form for the title to take is Joseph Cardinal Ratzinger, rather than Cardinal Joseph Ratzinger.