Friday, April 08, 2005

"Even the N.D.P., for which Kyoto has an almost biblical appeal, is unhappy with the Kyoto rider that the government's throwing in" ~Rex Murphy

Normally, I try to not bitch and moan here about the inner workings of Blogger, but I can't post from home anymore. It only times-out and gives me a "website not found" page when I publish. I am trying to fix some of the malfunctions, and the photos, but please remain calm people, I will have it up and working once I figure it all out.

Anyhoo....They lifted the publication ban on the Gomery inquiry yesterday and just like that put another nail in the coffin of the Liberal Party. Ha Ha.

Nothing shocks me anymore....except for the venom spouted by Conservative Deputy House Leader Peter MacKay yesterday. Duke is right, it was really embarrassing....and I wasn't even in the building. The one thing that I don't understand is the general ruckus on the floor when others are trying to talk. It seems, on TV, like an incredibly noisy place. Would it be better if no shouting could occur? I bet watching it in person it makes it all the more lively...but I wonder if it just because I can't be there in person or if it really is as annoying as it seems on the TV. Can you imagine SU Council chambers like that?

Is anybody else sick and tired of being threatened with an election every time a Liberal Farts? I have seriously had enough of this minority government crap. I thought they would be able to be adults and find ways to compromise but instead what we have is a bunch of children going to Mom to get the other kid in trouble. "Mom, Billy is breathing near me....Mom, Billy is growing!"

And has anybody else noticed that the Budget passing isn't really about the budget anymore? It is about everything else. Rex Murphy had a good rant on that and I agree with him. I's about whether or not you support Kyoto or The Atlantic offshore revenue deals and transfer payments. Somebody please explain to me why the Liberal plan includes reforms to the Kyoto accord in the budget bill? Shouldn't all of that be hammered out in Committee? Do they want the budget to fail?

Song Du Jour: Master and Servant ~ Depeche Mode

No comments: