Thursday, June 30, 2011

"If you love me like I love you please won't you let me know "


It's rather amazing what drums and a guitar can produce. The Black Keys were incredible. The set list was stellar. From material they've produced since 2002 and up. I was glad to hear My Next Girl, The Breaks, 10 Cent Pistol...that song is incredible live. Strange Times was intense. You could feel it in your chest. Everybody was up dancing...and everybody seemed to be high...lots of pot smokers in that crowd, which was very young and mostly male.

The stage was stripped right down to almost nothing...it was a skeleton of lights and it was stellar. Just some white lights strung up...at times it was like being in a backyard or in your buddies basement. I loved it. But I'd love to see them in a more intimate setting.



The crowd was timid at first....but they warmed up quickly. It was a bit of a lovefest really, I felt the crowd really had a lot of respect for what they were seeing. It was incredible to watch the interaction between the drums and the sweet blues guitar...they added musicians for Tighten Up and the the bigger hits, they sounded great too. Still amazed by the guitar.

Cage The Elephant, the opener, was a lot more screamy than I had imagined they'd be. But they performed their hits well. Sans yelling.

It was a brilliant night. We realized that all of us, and there were 12 of us, had met through twitter. Also you should try Granville Island's Maple Cream Ale, it's delicious.

Song Du Jour:

No comments: