Thursday, July 14, 2011

"Counting down 'til the pain would stop"

Is there anyone who goes through life without feeling both edges of pure joy and complete sadness? I like to think that they match each other, or perhaps the joyful moments can over power any sad moment, can't it? Joy is tougher, sometimes you miss it or take it for granted. I am humbled to say that joy has filled my year so far, I have been careful to recognize it and wallow in it for a while.

I returned from my last U2 concert of the 360 tour Sunday. I knew Saturday, during the concert, how special that night would be, I was there in that moment, willing myself to be present. Meeting new friends in GA, hearing "Shine Like Stars" at the end of WOWY and sharing that moment with fans who were also blown away by that! Incredible night.

Early the morning after, teary eyed, I dragged my suitcase away from good friends and fun back to a plane home. At home came the news about the passing of a friend. Tomorrow I will be attending a memorial for a friend who lost his life last Saturday. Life, you crazy thing...so blessed is a life filled with joy and pain all at the same time.

Every eye looking every other way
Counting down 'til the pain would stop

At the moment of surrender
Of vision over visibility

No comments: