Thursday, January 12, 2006

"An Emotional Mess..."

That's the headline in the Sports Section of the Journal today. It made me laugh so hard I choked on my Green Tea. Yes, Ladies and Gentlemen, Mark Messier has retired and he cried and cried and messed up his mascara yesterday. Tonight they will raise The #11 to the rafters and he can start looking for a coaching job. It's like he's the last to Graduate or something. In my mind he is the last Oiler from the winning era (Circa 1984-1990) to retire and that makes it all the more emotional. I'll try to keep it together and not get all veklempt...Let's just hope the Oil can put one in the Win column against the Rangers tonight. Go Oilers Go!

Over the Holidays I had a chance to see the movie "Capote" which I would recommend, you just have to make sure you are not slightly drunk when you see it, or the heat in the garneau theatre will make you all drowsy. Oh and understanding Capote can be difficult at times, but that is the only complaint I have. Nell Harper Lee is also featured in the movie and I had to rent "To Kill a Mockingbird" and watch it again. It is such a great story but, the book is better...but as if you don't know that the book is always better....
I saw "Cinderella Man" and I cried like Mark Messier...It is a really great movie and doesn't veer off the main plot line like that other "overcoming the odds/boxing movie" Clint Eastwood made last year.

Song Du Jour: Gravity ~ Embrace

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

OMG i think i peed a little when i read the part about being slightly drunk and garneau making you drowsy.... hahahaha! your poor little buddy needs a helmet:(

here's to the big moose for a fab career!