Saturday, January 14, 2006

"Who could give the looby such airs?" -Jonathan Swift

looby (LOO-bee) noun

An awkward, clumsy, lazy fellow. [From Middle English loby, from lob (bumpkin).]

A fellow? Can't a looby be a lady? What a fun word...

Anyhoo...Today in class while I was supposed to be learning about violent weather I found myself pre-occupied by the stench of the Looby beside me. His clothes reeked of cigarette smoke and since the smoking ban here I find I have become much more sensitive to that particular stench. Combine that with his body odour, that greasy hair smell, and the fact that it was 9 a.m....well, lets just say if the class didn't have 440 people taking up all the chairs I would have moved. Did I mention his breath? ugh, I turned away from him and whilst the rest of the diligent students wrote notes about cumulus clouds I thought about how to politely tell someone to take a bath. Not that I would do that to a complete stranger, but one of my friends happens to be dating a man who is awesome except, sadly, he's a bit neglectful with the personal hygiene. We'll call him 'Stinky Daggers' because apparently he needs to trim his nails too. How does she tell him to clean up his act? She's even gone so far as to ask him to take a bath with her just to get him smelling fresh to no avail, his response was, "a bath? no, I'm good."
Uhhhh, no yer not.

Should she dump Stinky Daggers? That's a deal breaker I think. I would call it quits but not before I told him in the nicest way possible exactly what the reason is..."It's not you, it's me..." (and my olfactory system)

Well the wee pups got new duds and I has to post photos because they are just so damned cute.
That's Riley in the Purple and Murphy in Green. Or as Danny calls the colour of the leashes; gay and gayer. The best part was when we were in Petsmart, looking for the least expensive leashes, a certain Deputy Prime Minister seeking re-election was also buying a (much more expensive) leash. I wanted to launch into a big Q and A with her but my Aunt shot me a look that said, don't start all your politics talk in here for God's sake. On that note, I voted today. Yay democracy.



Song Du Jour: Waiting in Vain ~ Annie Lennox

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

i never realized how cute the poopers were until you posted the pictures... love gay and gayer... hahahaha. speaking of which, that same deputy p.m. was also spotted trying to vote get at a particular bar. not one on whyte ave.

Heather said...

The Deputy PM is one smart cookie to go to The Bar. Was she dancing on speakers too?

Anonymous said...

heck yes she was... you have to earn votes in this day and age:)

Anonymous said...

My question for your "friend", is how did it ever get that far? Why was she attracted to a greaseball in the 1st place? Perhaps she is a woman who wants to "fix" a man. I'd tell her that her "awesome" man already has a mommy.

Duke

ps-welcome back from your alchohol xmas hiatus.

Heather said...

It's good to be back, Thanks Duke.

To answer your questions she was attracted to 'Stinky Daggers' because he looked pretty put together and was kind and thoughtful, oh and he paid lots of attention to her. She wasn't in his pants the first night or smelling his pits...so they dated and once they gradually became more intimate she realized he was a stinker. He's no greaseball and no, she's not looking for a fixer-uper either.

Simi Valley Snow Removal said...

Gratefful for sharing this