Monday, March 07, 2005

"What specific strategies would you employ to bring to heel the writhing organism that is the Students' Union bureaucracy?" -S. Murray Smith

Half Pipe asked that pointed question and then had to repeat (read:yell) it from the balcony for the PoonStar. Too funny. Classic Smith. Poor Poonstar. The Dude made a joke about mumbly Dang ol' Boomhauer, man, and that led us to 'Poonhauer' and I could not stop laughing. All of a sudden everything Poon said was hilarious. "Advocacy yup dang ol' advocacy man...."

It is way better to go to Myer Ho when you are not the one on the stage. Seriously. And 'Hack Chanukah' never fails to excite.
I almost cried a nostaligic tear as *retired* hack C.D.Jones took the stage. almost.

I wish the whole election was based on meritocracy though, and not the ridiculous popularity contest it always seems to turns into. It's just soooo...grade eleven. I think we have some amazing individuals on that stage...some of the very best people I have ever met. I also liked when Lettner spoke about his philosophy of service. It made the idealist in me all warm and fuzzy.
I am really not sure what it is about election time...nor will I try to explain.
My favorite part: DaneBullerwell picking panites up off the stage...
The girl next to me commented on how sexy DaneBullerwell looked in that suit.

I get to be a scrutineer! woo hoo! Oh the sad, sad (not to mention nerdy) delight this gives me!

Song Du Jour: High and Dry ~ Radiohead

Edit: Here is the Hack Samuel Myer Horowitz Forum Journal

No comments: