Tuesday, March 08, 2005

Like the drip drip drip of the raindrops, When the summer shower is through, So a voice within me keeps repeating you, you, you..." - Cole Porter

It is only Tuesday and I am exhausted already. whew!
I saw Venessa Thomas today in SUB and I told her that I was tired of studying, classes, and exams. I said that the Prof's don't really seem moved by my "But it is election time" excuse.
She suggested I was using the wrong terminology and amended it to (the much improved): "But it is election time, Motherfucker"

It smells outside. Spring reeks dude. Speaking of stench, what is that ever-present, sickly, sweet smell in Chem East? Christ on crutches...What is it?? Why does it always smell like that? How many times do students have to perform the experiment that creates such a strong lingering stench? Arts students want to know.

Song Du Jour: Night and Day ~ Cole Porter

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I imagine the smell is a consortium of a lot of chemicals. Undergrad organic chem labs consist of a lot of work with different aromatic chemicals.

On another note, I found a chemical reason why freezing the yucaflux makes it more potent. Since alcohol has a lower freezing point than water, the juice will freeze first, leaving the alcohol free to saturate the fruit. Additionally, some of the water will leave the fruit as it freezes.

--The Dude