Saturday, February 12, 2005

"Lucky" - Napoleon Dynamite

Each year our Birsdays start with Veronica's Birsday in April and end with Cherie's birsday....Today marks the day that we are all the same age.

I have known Cherie since grade eight when we attended Stratford Jr. High together. We didn't really get to know each other until high school and even then we were so much alike that we often fought like sisters. One upon a time( or in this case grade eleven) we were all out in St. Albert and Cherie and I had this huge, wicked fight and that was the moment I knew we would be friends forever. I realized that it was possible to love someone even if you didn't always agree with them. Cherie-pie has taught me a lot of lessons; I learned that every moment is a moment for laughter, I learned that crying is not just for sad days but for the days when your happiness cannot be contained and seeps out of you...and on to your bridesmaid dress. I have learned that scrunchies are for more than just holding ponytails and that playing drunken football outside with the boys isn't as much fun as drunken cuddling under blankets inside. Our friendship has formed a wee sub-culture that has its own language (like Birsday) and inside jokes, and although I seem to spend lots of time explaining our obscure references of "birsday" and "hootcher" and "Hey-you", when I am with my ladies I don't have to explain anything. I don't have to watch what I say...I can just be my crazy self because they just totally understand me. I think that is what family is all about...

Today is Cherie's birsday and I hope that she knows how lucky I feel that she is my best fliend. I just wish I could be in Kelowna giggling and laughing with her and celebrating! Damn I miss my beeoches.
Happy Birsday Geddy!

Song Du Jour: Raining in Baltimore ~ Counting Crows

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Patrick Kerney was wearing a Vote for Pedro t-shirt and even quoted the movie during his Pro Bowl interview.

--The Dude