Friday, April 25, 2008

"Fear tries to pierce the armor of truth...."

I bought the Vampire Weekend CD! They were on Jimmy Kimmel Wednesday night rocking out with a whole Highschool drum line...it was really good. Click on the title (up there) to see the performance.

Vampire Weekend is a refreshing change. It is such a summer album...when I hear the track "Oxford Comma" I think of the beach or driving in your car with the warm wind blowing...they use tones of Reggae--very Police-esque...or like No Doubt with the ska.
I love "M79"...weirdly the drums remind me of Paul Simon.
"Cape Cod Kwassa Kwassa" is very tribal. This is going to be the summer of 08 album for sure! When "A punk" comes on the radio when I am in my car I totally have to turn it up and sing! I am sure this provides hilarity to the drivers around me. Who knew the steering wheel could be such a great drum!?

Song Du Jour: Hollowpoint Sniper Hyperbole by USS
(The full name is Ubiquitous Synergy Seeker)
They don't have an album out yet but they have music up at Myspace.

No comments: