Thursday, July 14, 2005

"When you're slapped, you'll take it and like it" - Sam Spade

I'm taking Film Studies and we have been watching the Maltese Falcon from 1941. The dialogue is fall down funny and has us all laughing at parts that I am sure John Huston put in to add to the drama and not for comic relief. It really shows that a lot has changed since then and how, without context, a movie can really lose a lot of its impact. Also...I really don't understand what women saw in Humphrey Bogart...


Song Du Jour:
Kemp - Millencolin

4 comments:

Heather said...

It's actually Film Studies 205..which I think was probably 200 at some point...you know how they love to fuck with the numbers every couple of years...

My prof is Wayne DeFuhr.
He's great...

Konrad said...

Schau mir in die Augen, Kleines!!

Anonymous said...

Shut up! Wayne DeFehr was my English 101 prof. He was a pretty good prof...when he actually showed up to class that is.

--The Dude

Heather said...

Okay for me and my trusty German 10 vocab I read Konrad's comment as:
Show me into the eyes, sweetie.

Ich wünsche dass ich mehr Deutsch gekannt habe!
Wo ist Catrin, wenn ich sie brauche?