Sunday, July 31, 2005

"...forever always seems to be around when things begin but forever never seems to be around when things end" - Ben Harper

I flipped over my calendar today to find a picture of the Saddledome staring back at me...ugh. So I promtly ripped it out. Can't have that on my wall....Jesus.
So here it is August. I have been writing a paper about the Potato famine in Ireland for my history course and cursing the beautiful weather. I only have another 12 days of school..yup, then I'll have another 12 credits for this summer but, it is supposed to be +30 today. How unfair is it that I am stuck at my computer? I went for a walk this morning totally forgetting that there is the mayhem of Heritage Days in 'my' park. I've become accustomed to having Hawrelak all to myself. Frick, it is festical city this weekend (Festical...ahahaha! I'd correct that spelling error, but it has such a nice ring to it). On the LRT last night we were packed in like sardines, what with K-days, Taste of Edmonton, Heritage Days, The Eskimos game...all happening at the same time.

Last night I got a bit sunburned at the football game. It was a glorious evening and I am super excited for the Smos to play BC on Friday. I go on vacation until September so I will not see another home game until the Labour Day classic. Next weekend I will also get to see one of the first games of the NFL pre-season as the Millenuim Falcons take on the Titans in Tokyo. I can't tell you how excited I am for the NFL and NHL. It's a bit sad really.
Alright...enough procrastinating...back to the potato famine.

Song Du Jour: Forever ~ Ben Harper

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

The Falcons play the Colts on Saturday. You can "watch" the Falcons beat the Titans on August 19 in week 2 of the preseason (and I put "watch" in quotations because I will be sitting in my room in my panties watching live updates on my computer. Stupid non-televised games.)

16-0 in the regular season, 2005 SuperBowl Champs! It'll be a season to remember! WOOHOO!

(I'll stop being a pain now...)

--The Dude