Tuesday, October 19, 2004

"A lie gets halfway around the world before the truth has a chance to get its pants on." ~Sir Winston Churchill (1874-1965)

Did Hitler really only have one ball? I learned that today in my class....Apparently when the Russians found Hitler, or what remained of him, they claimed he only had one ball? I think "consider the source" might be the best plan on this tidbit of info.

My prof went on to sing some song about it.

Yeah Education.

This last week I went to:
~Home opener of the Edmonton Road Runners, squeaked out the win, and I can't say the goalie, Moss, is that hot, but hey, first game and all...
~The Strath for many, many beers (and some bar called the Thirsty Turtle, they should call it Sausage Party)
~The Bears Football game (we killed Regina 41-7 and one member of the team had the unfortunate name of Kuntz...you can imagine what became of that...I froze my ass off in the blowing snow...brrrrrr.)
~ The other Road Runners game, again we won...good game. (first game of my 10 game pack)

So as a sports fan I got my fill. In between all that I studied (barely)and procrastinated (lots) a paper, which was due today. I also am organizing events for our group Debtsentence, along with the SU. So that is taking up oodles of time. Debate in Quad tomorrow, visiting MLA offices on Friday. So much to do!
Started my new job today. I love it.

Next week midterms! Not to mention I work two pandas games (Friday is the home opener and the CIS championship banner will drop at 6:45 if any of you would like to come!), the final game of the season for the Bears (then play offs, woohoo)and then the Smos final of the season on Sunday...

I've clearly lost my mind....It's all good.


Song Du Jour:
"Wonderwall" ~ I have no idea..

Somebody help me...who does that remake of Wonderwall? It's a ballad...they over play it on the radio...

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hitler, he's only got one ball,
Goering, his balls are very small,
Himmler, is very similar,
And Goebbels has no balls at all.

--Adam

Heather said...

It's Oasis who does Wonderwall. And I semi-know a bartender who works at Thirsty Turtle. I feel damn special.

Heather said...

Adam! That's it...that is the song my prof sang in class...Too funny...

J-lo, you should read Locke, this English class has also made me thinking of child rearing. I have been in the "special Library" (Bruce Peel) and his book on education for kiddies is there. His chapter on what toys are best for kids is priceless. That gives me an idea for a blog post...

The Other Heather:
I know Oasis sings the original, but what about that new remake...more of a ballad....I'll see if I can find it!

Anonymous said...

Weeds,
Surely U know that george harrison did the 'original' wonderwall, or is that the 'cover' U are referring to?

It's very confusing.

Duke