Friday, April 09, 2010

“Coincidence is the word we use when we can't see the levers and pulleys.” Emma Bull

This week I got to see my beloved Oilers twice, the last 2 home games of the season. It was pretty freaking exciting! I know the season sucked sure, but the fans are still so very amazing. As we won both nights my streak of the Oilers winning when I am in the building is now 2 for 2. I am going to start keeping track...I wish I had started back in 2006 because my stats would be impressive; I just know it. At the end of the thrilling game on Wednesday the crowd stood and gave our boys a standing 'O' after such a challenging year. They raised their sticks and for a moment it was a classic meeting of Thoreau's Mutual Admiration Society.

I am so proud to live in Edmonton and be in the company of such big hearted fans. Even if they boo Horcoff relentlessly. I will forgive you if your passion for the game blinds you this one time...Hockey here is so much more than just a game.
It is also noteworthy that Patrick Hendricks won a car at the Oilers Game, the winner of the 50/50 draw was a Mrs. Hendricks and, "Matt Hendricks tapped a goalmouth rebound under Jeff Deslauriers with seven minutes left in the third to tie the Game 4-4." Recap: http://www.nationalpost.com/sports/story.html?id=2775566#ixzz0kcOE1O3T

What does it all mean Universe? What does it all mean?
Wish my last name was Hendricks.....
In remembrance of Malcolm McLaren who passed away this week I dedicate the Song Du Jour: SEX PISTOLS - Anarchy in the UK - rare live at sweden 1977

No comments: