Wednesday, March 31, 2010

"Everything about you resonates happiness now I won't settle for less..."

Music is pretty important to me yet, it is hard to pinpoint the exact reason why I love music the way I do and, I struggle to find words to explain the emotions it brings out in me. Muse played Rexall Place Monday night and peeps, if you get a chance to see a Muse gig, take it, you will be rewarded!
Hearing music live gives a song a chance to fly and I love being at a concert when songs soar and that's what Muse did --they let their songs soar and (lucky, lucky us) brought us along for the flight.

First, I must mention Silversun Pickups! They opened the show and really performed well in a larger setting like Rexall! Their light show was also really well done and they seem to really like Edmonton. They explained they were out on the Ave on Sunday night and at Sherlock Holmes Pub their song, Substitution came on while they were there and they really got a kick out of hearing it. They are going to be headlining their own shows at Rexall soon enough. "Locked and Loaded!"


The waiting between SSPU's and Muse was pretty hard for this lady. I actually had butterflies in my tummy in anticipation! Then the lights went down and cue Uprising!

Nevermind the laser show and amazing set on stage which were visually stunning...or the great audience who sang and sang along...

The star of this show? The MUSIC! Shit, these dudes are talented!
The sound was amazing. The band performed so well I was literally taken aback. How Matt Bellamy brings his incredible voice to peaks and valley's and manages to be pitch perfect AND not miss a note....all while dancing about the stage playing his guitar like a man possessed? I have no idea! It was really amazing to watch just him! And his bright blue leather pants!
When Matt sat down to the piano for Ruled By Secrecy I just let it wash over me, that was really special, here is my video...not the best but...



With creepy eyeballs falling from the rafters and laser beams galore there was plenty for your eyes to feast on, but the music really did sound like someone is playing the disc for you. Yes, that good!
My favourite parts were "Bliss" (yay!) and the haunting and lovely Undisclosed Desires (I was waiting for it and just loved that performance, so beautiful!).
But "Knights of Cydonia" (clip at the bottom) at the very end had the whole place bouncing and I have to admit it was not my favourite Muse song, but I never saw it live!


They let loose on the crowd with such power...the buildup and explosion of that song live is incredible! I loved watching the GA come apart during that song. The energy was amazing and I will do what ever I can to see them again! and again, and again I hope.
See the rest of my videos from Muse here .

Thanks to @melwitsa for the photos!

Setlist: Uprising , Resistance, New Born, Supermassive Black Hole, Interlude, Hysteria, Bliss, Nishe, United States Of Eurasia, Ruled by Secrecy, Helsinki Jam, Undisclosed Desires,Starlight, Unnatural Selection, Time Is Running Out, Plug In Baby. Encore: Exogenesis: Symphony, Part 1: Overture, Stockholm Syndrome, Knights of Cydonia

Song Du Jour: "Knights of Cydonia" live in Edmonton (watch the lid come off rexall at the .55 second mark...I get goosebumps just watching it again--honestly..it was freaking amazing!)

No comments: