Monday, March 15, 2010

"Here comes a feeling you thought you'd forgotten..." ~ Horchata by Vampire Weekend

Went to see Vampire Weekend at the ole EEC last night and was pretty excited about it! I think I yelled, "oh my god, they are so freaking awesome!!!!!!" a couple of times.

Honestly, Vampire Weekend was brilliant last night. The crowd was kinda stunned...at least on our side of the great and giant pole. Horchata is off their new album and it rocks live, I am so glad to hear their new material and someday I can hear those anthems filling huge arenas.



I got some video clips!
Here is my favourite, Taxi Cab!




My favourite song off Contra is Taxi Cab. I loved it live too...they all gathered together on stage and the lights lowered and they played it almost sweetly with the bassist like magic on the bow. Beautiful! The rest of the clips are here.

That's what I like about Vampire Weekend, just enough salty to go with the sweet. A Punk blasted away! I was loving being down front for A Punk...Hey, hey hey hey!!! We were right next to some Uber VW fans who were also right into it. We sang and they knew all the words. Vampire Weekend nailed all the hits, they already sound so amazing, the new stuff is just more lush...and I was so grateful they covered so much material --it was a wicked set list.


I hope they come back soon!


Great night all in all, but I have made the decision not to rant again about how much I loathe the EEC. Mmmm...The Heinken's were delicious too.



Song Du Jour: Cape Cod Kwassa, Kwassa by Vampire Weekend



http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9wHl9qRsMzw

4 comments:

Adam said...

You didn't want to comment on The Blow?

http://www.myspace.com/theblowus

I still can't figure out what the fuck that was all about.

Heather said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Heather said...

What is there to say about The Blow...hm. All of a sudden there was an older lady on the stage at the Vampire Weekend concert. She was dressed in black spandex work out tights and a large, worn out old, white T-shirt.
Like somebody's mom was sitting on the couch and this dude walked in and asked her if she could open for this cool band and she said ok.

Was it performance art? Or was it just a nervous pop star who doesn't look like a pop star trying to break the ice? I tell you what...it was fall down funny. I think I tweeted it was Coen Brothers Funny.

Whilst the non pop star Mom is on stage in her cozy clothes there is a sound mixer to whom she converses...she would ask things like, "can you hear me?" and "no NOT that song..." and "do I have less than 20 minutes left?" to which one dude in the crowd cheered.

It was ODD. The songs were poppy, not so bad really, and she claimed she was working with a pop star (but could not say who, but she did help us guess her name --rhymes with BaBa) on a new song and then she wore giant "Baba" shoes and asked us to pretend it wasn't her but an "actual" pop star with boobs and stuff...

It really was like nothing I have ever seen before.
She is certainly one brave soul. The crowd did not have a clue what to do. Stunned is how I would describe us. And rightly so

Germanicus Fortunov said...

Wow!
You are cute and have a cool writing style.
I joined just so I could comment.
Too bad you're in Canada.
Now I have a blog so thanks