Monday, June 02, 2008

"was it all a joke? Never had control, I'm not better on my own..."

The Red Wings were (barely) up 3-2 in the game of their lives tonight and then the crowd, with about 6 minutes left in the game, started to chant. "We want the cup, we want the cup..."

The hockey gods took note. As soon as I heard them start the chant I knew it was over and that we would not see Lord Stanleys Mug this day. Talbot and Sykora (former Oiler, Mr. -20) were the hero's, sure, but I am firmly placing blame for the loss at the feet of the chanting fans. ;P
The Penguins haven't won in Detroit since Dec. 10, 2000!

Take note hockey fans....the chanting of "we want the cup" = bad things. It's a proven fact! Therefore, I move to abolish the use of the chant effective immediately.

And congrats to Sykora on his apparent promotion last night! LOL!

Song Du Jour: - I'm Not Over by Carolina Liar

photo by Matt McNulty

1 comment:

Adam said...

What if they do it in Pittsburgh? What will the hockey gods do? I thought the chant would be washed out when Sykora told McGuire that he was going to score the OT winner. Why didn't the hockey gods exact vengeance? Why did they reward him with the OT winner??

Remember when Hasselbeck said "We'll take the ball and we're going to score!" Hasselbeck went three and out and then threw a pick on the next possession that was returned for a touchdown.

I guess the hockey gods aren't as black and white as the football gods...