Friday, June 06, 2008

"...the controversy and debate created by a contest wouldn't necessarily be bad" ~ Scott Moore

CBC reports that err...CBC may not use the theme to HNIC.

"Scott Moore, the executive director of CBC Sports, told Newsworld on Thursday that negotiations for a new licence fee are ongoing with the representatives of Vancouver composer Dolores Claman."

And everybody is freaking out. I love Canadian hockey fans. Some people think it is a publicity stunt but I don't know if the marketing peeps over at the Mother Corp. were savvy enough to dream this one up. Who knows...

I just hope they come to their senses and pay Ms. Claman what she's asking for, which is $575 per use instead of the $500 per use they've been paying her for over a decade. I simply can't even imagine any other song...that song has been a part of my life since I was 5 years old. It's a personal thing I think a lot of people can't explain, but just want it to stay the same tradition it a has always been.

Song Du Jour: Intergalactic by Beastie Boys

No comments: