Friday, May 02, 2008

"You were so wrong Weeds..." ~OTC

Last night, before the Detroit Red Wings and Colorado 'Lanch game, we made our predictions. OTC said, "'Blanch will win 4-2 with an empty netter..." A bold prediction!

I said, "pfft...it will be 5-1 Detroit."
At the end of the Franzen Blitz OTC looks at me and says, "You were way off..."

8-2! Hans Franzen there with his $950,000 showing the rest of the millionaires what it takes to win games. They never stopped either...The Wings just kept on coming. The 'Lanch is broken with a capital B so it's unfortunate that we didn't get to see a better hockey series. Secretly, I wish the Sharks would win the series against Dallas. I really don't want to watch "Mike and the Mechanics" anymore. Boooooring! Make no mistake, I'm only in it for the spectacle. The Rangers game last night...now that's good spectacle!

Go Habs Go!

Song Du Jour: I Will Follow You Into The Dark by Death Cab For Cutie

Photo: Colorado Avalanche goalie Peter Budaj looks up after the Avalanche lost 8-2 to the Detroit Red Wings duringGame 4 of an NHL Western Conference semifinal hockey playoff series in Denver, Thursday, May 1, 2008. Detroit beat Colorado 8-2 to sweep the series. (AP Photo/Jack Dempsey)

2 comments:

Adam said...

I took one look at that score and thought "That could have been the Flamers out there being humiliated by Detroit right now."

But I still think it's better to have them out in the first round in a close series than humiliated in the second round.

Heather said...

ummm...out in the first round gets my vote...the left arm tingling and overwhelming fear they actually *might* win are too much to take. I really am actually surprised by my reaction this year but it seems many, many peeps are grateful they got bounced early.

My Friend Gavin put it best:

"I'm hoping for a Philly-Dallas final - it will finally crush my will to watch hockey ever again and I can spend more time looking directly into the sun - because that will be more enjoyable than watching the Flames in a playoff series ever again! Amen on the Sharks"