Wednesday, May 14, 2008

"Just know that these things will never change for us at all..." ~ Snow Patrol


Driving on the Whitemud to work is like taking your life into your own hands twice daily.
Now construction season has commenced and they have milled the top off both sides of the pavement from 159 Street to just past Fox Drive. On Monday they had up some signs that reduced the speed limit to 50 Km. Today those signs seemed like a cruel joke as we all crept along in bumper to bumper traffic at about 20 km.

Fun times.

The state of the Whitemud was really bad, so part of me is excited to have it fixed. The other part of me wonders why I don't just suck it up and take the Henday every day and avoid the whole debacle. Oh right, the cost of gas is prohibitive, right...oh and construction on the 23 ave interchange means either way I'm hooped.

I think the hardest thing for most people is not knowing what's going on or how long it will take to fix the road. The City of Edmonton has a link to put all your questions to rest.

  • Whitemud Drive, 53 Avenue to 170 Street (Major Delays, various lane closures)until approximately July 11. Traffic reduced to one lane in each direction, on ramp/off ramp closures in effect 7:00pm - 7:00am.

Speaking of pylons, I wonder will Dallas pull out one win at home tonight? I sure hope not. I'm pretty excited to watch the Detroit game tonight. Any predictions? Let's see...I'll guess, with Franzen still out, I think it will be 4-0 Detroit to finish the series.

Song Du Jour: Chasing Cars by Snow Patrol

Photo by Greg Southam / Edmonton Journal

No comments: