Tuesday, May 31, 2011

"I know I'm going home, that's where the heart is.."

Having just touched down after Winnipeg I had the day to get ready to do it all again.
Quickly got ready for the giant fan gathering we planned at O'Byrne's and returned to the airport to pick up my fellow U2 gypsies. When I returned to the West jet parkade, the same driver from the a.m. recognized me. I doubt they get a lot of customers returning on the same day.

Even though I had just seen them it was nice to see Dave and LJ and welcome Dave from York and Cathal from Derry to Edgemonton. I dropped them off at the hotel and then made my way to O'Byrne's.

At first we seemed a little coy to get up and sing in front of eachother. Perhaps afraid to butcher some of our favourite songs. So thanks to the Regina crew, LJ and Dave got us started, so did the pints. We had a blast. The highlight of my night was a duet with my new friend Cathal. We both are ginger kids so we got up together to perform Angel of Harlem, which hence forth shall be named "Ginger of Harlem", because when ever we heard it from that point on, we totally changed the lyrics.

I knew then that this U2 week was going to be the best week of my life and that I best hang on and enjoy the ride. By 11:30 I was so tired I had to call it a night because I knew the next morning would be filled with GA and wanted to get an early start!

1 comment:

SweetMarie83 said...

U2 fans truly are the best and most amazing fans in the world. I wish I knew people who were going to the Toronto show. Sounds like a lot of fun!