Friday, March 18, 2011

"We long for an affection altogether ignorant of our faults. Heaven has accorded this to us in the uncritical canine attachment" ~George Eliot


I've been house sitting/dog sitting for a friend whilst she traipses about Europe this month.
Meet Marleau, isn't she cute? She is such a sweet dog, but for some reason I keep calling her Kitty Cat...it just suits her. She cleans herself like a cat which, at 3 a.m., is a rude awakening. Lick, lick, lick...ugh. She eats her poop too and, if I'd let her, I think she would eat other dog's poop. Dogs are gross, hey?

I always say how much I want to get a dog but, as a sad realization this month, really I don't want the responsibility of being a pet owner. It's a shock to have realized this. I like other peoples dogs...mostly because the owners have to do the dirty work. I don't really enjoy going for a walk and having to manhandle the excrement of the pooch and carry it in a bag with me. But who does right?

The part I like is coming home to someone who is so excited to see you they pee a little on the floor. I just don't like having to wash the floor after all that excitement.

This got me thinking there is always a give and take in life, no matter what, like the universe is a teeter-totter that has bad and good at each end in perfect balance. Every time good goes up, wheeeeeeee....bad's weight brings it back down and vice versa.
Lately, I have been trying to weigh the good side in my favour....trying to upset that balance so that I can only reap the good. But it never works like that does it? Most of the time Bad just topples over the handle and Good gets launched skyward only to come crashing down hard on its arse.

"Every moment of your life is infinitely creative and the Universe is endlessly bountiful.
Just put forth a clear enough request, and everything your heart desires must come to you."
~ Mahatma Ghandhi

Ok, Mahatma, I am working on it.

Song Du Jour: Pumped Up Kicks by Foster The People

What is it with songs with whistling in them? I seem to love them. Roger Whittaker would be so proud.

No comments: