Friday, January 21, 2011

“Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry, and narrow-mindedness” ~ Mark Twain

I am in a travel prepping mode with 3 trips to plan this summer and I've just submitted my official 2011 request for vacation. Now I have to wait. Wait until my request is approved and the waiting is pretty much killing me. So to be proactive I have been a keener looking up websites, trying to establish where I will need to be, how I will get there...wondering what is nearby, is this the best hotel? I just had the foolish thought that it would just be so much easier if I could just travel there before the concert to check it out. Then I rolled my eyes at myself.

I will admit I am just a bit over-the-top excited about my trips this summer...I could use the word elated...but that just does not sum it up...more like ridiculous. I am excited to get on planes, see new places I have wanted to visit my whole life, meet new people, see old friends, visit new friends, wring some adventure out of life...oh and see U2.

Now I find great things in all these amazing cities and have to stop myself from booking them and just WAIT.
I do not possess the virtue of patience.

*taps pen*
*waits*

Song Du Jour: Boy by Ra Ra Riot

No comments: