Saturday, August 14, 2010

"What you got, they can't steal it, No they can't even feel it..."

Yesterday My Cousin was admitted to the Bar. We, her family, friends, teammates, and colleagues, packed into the Law Courts (first we removed our shoes and belts and got searched -holy security!). It was a really nice ceremony, in a courtroom with a judge, and her Principle who was recommending her roasted her a bit which made it really funny (and embarrassing for her) and took the edge off the very formal nature of the proceedings.



To be there to see that moment with her was really something special, and it really showed me how many people it takes to support us through our lives. All those people that gathered there yesterday have touched her life, each in a special way, which made her who she is today. Just like she has made me who I am today with her support of me. It was all very joyful and I needed my tissues. a lot.

Then we went back to her firm and got loaded on free beers. She also has a really cool office and it makes her look so damned official.



Kinda weird to see her all grown up and to hear other people, (older, professional people!) talk about her with such admiration. It was a total love-in. LOL! I am so proud of her.
But you know the best part? She is still just MCD.
Song Du Jour: Walk On by U2 (of course....)

1 comment:

Adam said...

Tell my cousin Danielle that she looks very nice in her little outfit.