Thursday, June 30, 2005

"Shut UP! Paul Anka does Nirvana!? You're kidding...." - Me

So here I sit in the Knowledge Common (because my computer at home is shite) and watch all the newbies get shown around some sort of orientation dealy-o I assume. They look so nervous. One of them is taking notes. Very diligent.

Tomorrow is Canada Day and they are actually shutting down Whyte Ave from 109-103 street! Summer is always a treat when you live on Whyte. I would like to thank the poor dude whose job it is to collect all the Safeway carts at 7 a.m. every morning. He makes about as much noise as humanly possible. You rock Brother!
I also forgot how much people like their horns around wedding season. You'd actually be surprised how many weddings there are...and I get to hear almost all of them bleat their way down Whyte.

Kirny and I were driving down the Ave the other night and I noticed the city just invested in crosswalk lights at two intersections...to try to limit the amount of pedestrian carnage on Whyte of course. Silly Pedestrians.
The new lights have been in the news so I was excited to see them in action. As we came westbound on the Ave, even though there were pedestrians at both intersections, the lights didn't actually activate (much to my disappointment). We saw a lady pressing the button but nothing happened. Kirny turned to me and noted, "I guess they won't actually activate the lights until next year's budget...."
Too Funny.

Oh yeah, War of The Worlds...not so good IMHO. Save your money for that pitcher of beer this weekend instead.


Song Du Jour: Smells Like Teen Spirit (Nirvana)~ by Paul Anka

3 comments:

"Steve Smith" said...

Collecting Safeway carts in the morning used to be my job. Of course, since this was in St. Albert, there were no residences within about a kilometre of the Safeway, so I could be as loud as I wanted.

Anonymous said...

An Albino, my libido...

One of the Duke's favorite lyrics.

I'll go you one better than the shopping carts. A giant assed wind chime hung outside my window one summer at the DU house. That f*cker would wake me up every morning as I tried vainly to wrestle with a giant sized hangover. Of course I drunkenly climbed up the balcony one night and tore it down. Two days later, another one took it's place, with bamboo!!! You can't have beautiful things if you choose to live next to a frat house.

Duke

Anonymous said...

Marty Gradwell from Whitby, Ont., said he came to the Canadian gig "to rock out and enjoy the start of a warm summer."

Asked what prompted the worldwide music extravaganza, he could only venture a guess.

"For AIDS in Afghanistan, is it?"

About what I thought.

Weeds?

Duke