Monday, November 16, 2009

"As some of you know, my wife left me after 17 hours of marriage, but I survived that because I live for music"

I like movies, I see a lot them. So far this year I have been wondering if every movie is going to be a horror movie...man, there are a crap load of those being made lately...shit even Martin Scorsese is making one called Shutter Island (I just saw the preview and the chicks sitting behind us screamed at the end of it, so that bodes well. Not for me...for Scorsese I suppose).

Anyhoo...there is this wee gem of a movie out there called Pirate Radio and if you like music you must see this. British humour is so smart and witty and well I just loved it from beginning to end. My favourite scene has no lines in it, features tea and cookies and 3 men on a couch, it is endearing and lovable. Glad they FINALLY released it here. Finally a wicked movie in a sea of shite.

Speaking of shite, I have a guilty pleasure you've read about it before on this very blog, I saw 2012. Not because I thought it was going to be a wicked movie, because it is not. If you want plot go see Pirate Radio. If you want excellent story telling rent Up. But if your goal is to delight in the downfall of civilization go see this freaking show. The visuals are stunning! I really enjoyed the amazing break up of the earth's crust...the screaming peeps, the death and remarkable destruction.

I just came back from Vegas so watching the Wynn crumble was really enjoyable. I really do have a soul, really I do, but I just love these movies for some reason that is beyond me. Bury the bar and you will enjoy this movie. Have no expectation and you will be wowed. I honestly thought the acting wasn't half bad (gulp) and watching the mean dude get it is satisfying. There are also some pretty funny parts where you are indeed laughing with them and not at them.

Also the new theatre at City Centre (Empire Theatre) Mall has really classed it up over there, you should check it out. They have flowers in the bathroom and everything. CLASSEH!

Song Du Jour - "Back Against The Wall" by Cage The Elephant

No comments: